Monday, July 30, 2018

"Ruby" Hubby's old truck

Today I chose to share with you the Birthday card I made for my husband which I named, "Ruby".  He has a red truck that he calls "Ruby" and even though "she" is getting some age on her, she's still one of his favorite possessions! This card was made with the Classic Old Truck Multi Step Clear Stamp set from Kitchen Sink Stamps and has become one of my favorite stamp sets. There are 6 colors used to make the truck so it turns out professional looking and the perfect replica of an old classic! I also used Words 4 Celebration Clear Stamp set as it's such a beautiful font. He loved it when I gave it to him at our family Birthday gathering last night so I'm sure it will go in the drawer with some of his others. If you haven't ever used any of Kitchen Sink Multi Clear Stamp sets, you really should because they make phenominal cards and are easy to use, especially when you use a Misti or Stamparatus from Stampin' Up. I get the best results with these devices!  


CARD FRONT

  

CARD INSIDE



Recipe for my colors and layers in the order I stamped them:


Color Recipe for the truck:
Layer 3b Cherry Cobbler SU
Layer 2b Real Red SU
Layer 1b Red Riding Hood  SU

Color Recipe for the truck body/tires:

Layer 3a Tuxedo Black Momento
Layer 2a Basic Gray SU
Layer 1a Smoky Gray SU

Sentiments Tuxedo Black Momento

Card Stock used was Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black and Whisper White SU


Other members of the Kitchen Sink Crew include:
Lynn McAuley - Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper







1 comment:

  1. What guy wouldn't love getting this birthday card!!! Fabulous work, Jeanne!!

    ReplyDelete