Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Son Boot Birthday Card

Today as I was looking through my collection of Kitchen Sink Multi Step Clear stamp sets I saw this Cowboy boot stamp and it reminded me of our son's boots he wears around when he isn't working.  They are very "lived in" as they have probably seen many miles while hunting deer & hogs or whatever, as well as fooling around and hanging out with friends and family.  It's hard to tell how old they are and I'm sure they have never seen a coat of polish so you can imagine how worn and comfy they are.  He would never dream of parting with them as long as the sole and heels are still in tact! LOL! And, they are as much a part of him as is the old ball caps he chooses to wear. This young man has a birthday just around the corner so I decided to see if I could create a card for his special occasion!  I hope you like it! For it I used the Kitchen Sink Multi Step Clear stamp set Cowboy Boots and for the sentiments I used Whole Family Clear stamp set and Words 4 Celebration Clear stamp set from Kitchen Sink Stamps.




Recipe for this card include:

Color Recipe for the Boots:

Layer 1  - Stampin' Up Sahara Sand
Layer 2 - Stampin' Up Crumb Cake
Layer 3 - Stampin' Up Soft Suede
Layer 4 - Stampin' Up Early Expresso

The gold star is from Stampin' Up All Is Bright
Paper Clips collection

Satin Ribbon 3/8 inch Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler

Sentiment Stampin' Up Soft Suede

Paper used:
Stampin' Up Wood Textures Designer Paper Stack
Stampin' Up Sahara Sand Corrugated Paper
 and Cherry Cobbler card stock

I fussy cut the boots and the 2 1/2" Cherry Cobbler & 3" corrugated paper circles are glued together then mounted with dimensionals 


Other members of the Kitchen Sink Crew include:

Kitchensinkstamps'weblog
Lynn McAuley - Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper





2 comments:

  1. fabulous masculine card, Jeanne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maria! Our Son loved it! After I made this card, I lost my Son stamp out of Whole Family! That's such a nice set so I was pretty upset with myself for my carelessness. I looked on the floor, on the bottom of my stamp pads, everywhere!!!

    ReplyDelete