Monday, October 8, 2018

Gold Red Tipped Mum Basket


Today I attempted to replicate a beautiful bouquet of golden Chrysanthemums with the crimson tips we all see every Fall.  It is always tempting to purchase these beautiful mums and take them home to enjoy.  Last week, I posted purple ones that reminded me of my past in Missouri but today, these also bring back memories of those mums I planted around foundation of my house up there.  We can purchase beautiful mums in Texas but their longevity is much shorter in this warmer Fall climate.  But today, when I stamped this card using Kitchen Sink Multi Sept Clear Stamp Set, Harvest and  Words 4 Celebration Clear stamp, I wanted to see if I could recreate the same color of one of my favorite mums!  I hope you will enjoy it!

















Recipe for this card include:

Color Recipe for the Mums:

Layer 1  - Stampin' Up Delightful Daffodil
Layer 2 - Stampin' Up Crushed Curry
Layer 3 - Stampin' Up Hello Honey
Layer 4 - Stampin' Up Real Read

Color Recipe for Leaves:

Layer 1 - Stampin' Up Old Olive
Layer 2 - Stampin' Up Mossy Meadow


Color Recipe for the Basket:

Layer 1 - PTI Soft Stone
Layer 2 - Stampin' Up Sahara Sand
Layer 3 - Stampin' Up Crumb Cake
Layer 4 - Stampin' Up Soft Suede

Paper used:
 Stampin' Up Crushed Curry
Stampin' Up Birthday Memories DSP
Bow made with  Stampin' Up Linen Thread

Stampin' Up Stitched Labels Framelits 



Other members of the Kitchen Sink Crew include:

Kitchensinkstamps'weblog
Lynn McAuley - Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work with this wonderful basket of mums, Jeanne!! I love this set for creating fall cards and always have fun trying out new colors. I am going to give your recipe a go!! Great card!! That frilly frame is divine!!

    ReplyDelete